Saturday 11 January 2020

The Best Vegetarian Restaurant in Kolkata! A Review

“So, where will we eat today?” This question has a distinct fan base (I mean, foodie base), right? Every time I visit Kolkata, this question chases me like anything! More so because I am a vegetarian. Kolkata is indeed a heaven for foodies but vegetarians still feel a bit left out. Though you can easily find vegetarian dishes in any general restaurant, pure veg people like us feel a bit uncomfortable to hit those places.

This time, I decided to find out a pure vegetarian restaurant so that I can get rid of the hassles of going through the entire trial and error process every time am here.

And guess what! I have found the best vegetarian restaurant in Kolkata! Bahula Restaurant! My entire family got so excited and relieved at the same time since we don’t have to spend bucks on random restaurants anymore!


So, today I am going to tell you what I loved the most about Bahula Restaurant. Check it out.

The Food, Of course!


Starting from the starters, to the main course, and the desserts - the restaurant has a variety of dishes to offer. My kid particularly loved the Fruit Blast Papdi Chhat. Honestly, I didn’t find this item in Kolkata ever before. Barsana Special Sizzler was my husband’s pick and I cannot say that we didn’t enjoy it. This preparation is basically made with vegetable steak and tossed pasta with a filling of tomato flavoured cheese sauce. 

For the main course, we tried Kashmiri Chilman Biriyani (which I found to be okayish), Raita, and Paneer Laziz (which is, hands down, yummy!). I also wanted to taste Khoya Kaju Curry - a special delicacy in Bahula. But by that time, it was all finished! Am surely going to try it the next time. 

If you are there, don’t forget to try their special halwa and classic walnut brownie with ice cream. 

Are you licking your lips already? Am sure you are! 

Ambience


The restaurant is quite different from the random restaurants we have visited earlier in Kolkata. It has a very elegant and cosy outlook. I found the interior decoration and the lighting extremely classy. Trust me, such a royal ambience automatically enhances appetite. 


Customer Service


Here, I want to take a pause and convey my appreciation for the top-notch customer service of the restaurant. Actually, good food can lure customers to a certain restaurant, but good service will keep them returning. The rapid service and friendly attitude of the waiters left us with nothing to complain! By the end of the meal, we were already planning the next visit. 


Conclusion


Before visiting the place, my cousin told me it is one of the best veg restaurants in Kolkata and I can affirm you that it surely is! 

Here’s a quick tip. If you are planning to visit Bahula restaurant anytime now, make sure to give them a call and reserve a table. This will really save you from standing in the queue! 

Have any of you been there yet? Feel free to share your experience with us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment